||St Andrew, Whittlesey|
A medieval church built of ochre sandstone, on the eastern edge of the Isle of Ely
||27 Mar 1810
||Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire 
St Mary's Church
- He was one of four children, only two of whom lived past childhood. His mother died when he was 10, and his father remarried a year later. Life for the people of Cambridgeshire, mostly agricultural laboroers, was very difficult in the early 19th century. After the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo in 1815, England was left in very poor condition. The taxes raised to cover the cost of the wars rendered the farmers too poor themselves to pay very much for labor and villagers were very poor, often to the point of starvation.There was a great deal of social unrest in Ely during Thomas's childhood. Riots all over England eventually led to the abolishment of the Income Tax, but it did little to improve the daily lives of the impovrished, down trodden peasants.
|agricultural labourer. |
||25 Nov 1887
||Peterborough, Northamptonshire [2, 3]
|Cause: of Senile Gangrene |
- His daughter-in-law Elizabeth was present at his death.
||28 Nov 1887
||Thorney, Cambridgeshire 
3 days later.
||Turner Collins Genealogy
||7 Jun 2010 |
||John Moyses, b. 11 Jun 1783, Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire , d. 4 Jan 1851, Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire |
||Mary Bonfield, b. 27 Feb 1785, Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire , d. 2 Jan 1820, Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire |
||15 Oct 1804
||Sarah Reed, b. 26 Mar 1808, Deeping St James, Lincolnshire , d. 24 Oct 1873, Thorney, Cambridgeshire |
||27 Sep 1830
||Thorney, Cambridgeshire [5, 6]
- Esther Coles and James Reed, probably Sarah's brother, witnessed the marriage.
||1841 [7, 8]
||Thorney, Cambridgeshire [9, 10]
|above a baker's shop |
| ||1. Sarah A. Moyses, b. 24 Jul 1831, Thorney, Cambridgeshire , d. 4 Oct 1837, Thorney, Cambridgeshire |
| ||2. John Moyses, b. 2 Aug 1834, Thorney, Cambridgeshire , d. 24 Jan 1836, Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire |
| ||3. John Thomas Moyses, b. 30 Aug 1838, Thorney, Cambridgeshire , d. 29 Apr 1840, Thorney, Cambridgeshire |
| ||4. William Moyses, b. 29 May 1840, Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire , d. 11 Nov 1920, Peterborough, Northamptonshire |
| ||5. Susan Moyses, b. 24 Jul 1842, Thorney, Cambridgeshire |
| ||6. John Moyses, b. 28 Jul 1844, Thorney, Cambridgeshire , d. 21 Mar 1845, Thorney, Cambridgeshire |
| ||7. George Moyses, b. 29 Jul 1849, Thorney, Cambridgeshire , d. 16 Aug 1856, Thorney, Cambridgeshire |
- [S226] Cambridgeshire Baptism Index 1801-1837, Thomas Moyses; Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire; na; 1810.
- [S223] Vital Record, Certified Copy, England, Death; 25 November 1887; Thomas Moyses; Peterborough, Northamptonshire; author.
- [S219] Death Index, England & Wales 1837-1915, Thomas Moyses; 1887; Oct-Nov-Dec; Peterborough; 3b; 150.
- [S250] PR Thorney Parish Registers CD-ROM, Thorney_Burials_1850-1950.pdf; 210.
- [S240] *Family Search Int'l Genealogical Index, Thomas Moyses marriage, 1830; 1040588, Print out Call # - 681289; M138362; 00.
- [S250] PR Thorney Parish Registers CD-ROM, Thorney_Marriagess_1799-1850.pdf; 154.
- [S209] 1841 UK Census, Whittlesea, Thorney; Piece 78; Book: 11; Folio: 7; Page: 8; Line: 14; GSU roll: 241227; 2; Moyses.
Ancestry.com's database lists the name as MAYSES.
- [S196] 1851 UK Census, Thorney, Ely; Piece: 1747; Folio: 957; Page: 2; GSU roll: 87702-87703; 1a; Moyses; 5.
- [S212] 1881 UK Census, Peterborough, Thorney; piece 1599 folio 46 page 12 .
- [S211] 1871 UK Census, Peterborough, Thorney; piece 1522 folio 50 page 17 .
This site powered by ©, v. 126.96.36.199, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2013.
Comments are closed.