||12 Jul 1835
||Newark, Peterborough, Northamptonshire [1, 2, 3, 4]
- Although the entry in the parish register identifies her parents as James and Ann, her marriage certificate has her father as Richard, yeoman. Discussions with the Northamptonshire County Council and additional research done on my behalf by archivist Sarah Bridges confirms my suspicion that the father's name in the baptism entry is an error. Jane's mother died at the age of 30, leaving her father with three young children. It seems likely that as a working man, Richard would have been unable to look after he children and chose to leave them in the care of relatives. And we see Jane in the 1841 Peterborough census living with her maternal grandmother and her mother's sister Elizabeth Kisby. The Coles of Peterborough were an interesting bunch. There seems to be some spurious relationships and questionable lineage going back several generations. They were a colorful family!
||St John the Baptist, Peterborough, Northamptonshire [1, 2]
|with her grandparents and brother James |
||10 Jan 1875
||Rothwell, Kettering, Northamptonshire [5, 6]
|Cause: had Phthisis (tuberculosis,) and died |
||Turner Collins Genealogy
||13 Apr 2010 |
||Richard Cox Cole, b. 17 Jan 1802, Peterborough, Northamptonshire , d. Dec 1878, Peterborough, Northamptonshire |
||Ann Kisby, b. 29 Mar 1807, Peterborough, Northamptonshire , d. 13 Sep 1837, Newark, Peterborough, Northamptonshire |
||26 Dec 1827
||St John the Baptist, Peterborough, Northamptonshire
||Henry Peach, b. 15 Nov 1835, Peterborough, Northamptonshire , d. 1 Jul 1875, Kingston on Thames, Surrey |
||3 Jun 1861
||Peterborough, Northamptonshire [7, 8]
St Mary's Church
- Over the next 10 years they had six children together, but sadly [wife:first] became infected with TB and died when their youngest child was just two years old. It's difficult to say how long Jane was ill before she died: it could have months or even years. It seems that [Husband:first] died shortly after, as we know from the 1881 census that their children were by that point under the care of various relatives.
||Rothwell, Kettering, Northamptonshire 
|on High Street |
| ||1. Eleanor Jane Peach, b. 1862, Thrapston, Northamptonshire , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||2. Laura Jane Peach, b. 3 Jan 1864, Thrapston, Northamptonshire , d. 24 Nov 1946, Northampton, Northamptonshire |
| ||3. Henry James Peach, b. Sep 1865, Peterborough, Northamptonshire , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||4. Frederic Alexander Peach, b. Dec 1867, Rothwell, Kettering, Northamptonshire , d. 13 Sep 1882, Peterborough, Northamptonshire |
| ||5. Florence Peach, b. 1870, Rothwell, Kettering, Northamptonshire , d. Yes, date unknown|
| ||6. Bertha Peach, b. 1873, Rothwell, Kettering, Northamptonshire , d. Yes, date unknown|
- [S196] 1851 UK Census, Peterborough St John the Baptist; Piece: 1747; Folio: 463; Page: 29; GSU roll: 87702-87703; 5g; Cole.
- [S197] 1861 UK Census, Peterborough St Mary; Piece: 965; Folio: 96; Page: 1; GSU roll: 542729.; 8; Cole; 9.
- [S209] 1841 UK Census, Peterborough; Piece 817; Book: 3; Folio: 5; Page: 38; Line: 11; GSU roll: 438883.; 6; Kisby.
- [S319] Research Report: Jane Cole.
- [S219] Death Index, England & Wales 1837-1915, Jane Peach; 1875; Jan-Feb-Mar; Kettering; 3b; 135.
- [S223] Vital Record, Certified Copy, England, Death; 10 January 1875; Jane Peach; Kettering, Northamptonshire; author.
- [S218] Marriage Index, England & Wales 1837-1915, Henry Peach & Jane Cole; 1861; Apr-May-Jun; Peterborough; 3b; 351.
- [S223] Vital Record, Certified Copy, England, Marriage; 3 June 1961; Henry Peach & Jane Cole; Peterborough, Northamptonshire; author.
- [S211] 1871 UK Census, Kettering, Rothwell; Piece: 1505; Folio: 6; Page: 3; GSU roll: 829770; 6; Peach; 12.
This site powered by ©, v. 126.96.36.199, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2013.
Comments are closed.