||7 Apr 1832
||Clyffe Pypard, Wiltshire 
||Y  |
||Yes, date unknown
||Turner Collins Genealogy
||10 Jul 2010 |
||Matilda TURNER, b. 26 Jan 1823, Caversham, Oxfordshire , d. 17 Aug 1853, Melbourne, Australia |
||Cricklade, Wiltshire [3, 4]
- It looks like William's Aunt Sarah (sister of Thomas) married Thomas Harding New, a farmer, and they lived for at least a brief time in Caversham as that is where they baptized their first child Francis Thomas in sep 1849. William was living with Thomas and Sarah in Headington Oxon on the 1851 census. Thomas at 47 was retired and William was working as a farm laborer. I would imagine the Turners might have met the Gale brothers through Sarah.
- [S224] Christening Records, UK 1530-1906, 1648–1874; Clyffe Pypard; 1279361.
- [S363] *registered emigrants.
- [S218] Marriage Index, England & Wales 1837-1915, William Crook Gale & Matilda Turner; 1852; Jan-Feb-Mar; Cricklade; 5a; 27.
- [S223] Vital Record, Certified Copy, England, Marriage; 1852; William C Gale & Matilda Turner; Cliffe Pypard, Wilts; author.
This site powered by ©, v. 18.104.22.168, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2013.
Comments are closed.