||26 Jan 1823
||Caversham, Oxfordshire [1, 2]
|school mistress |
||17 Aug 1853
|Cause: after suffering from dysentary for 90 days |
||Turner Collins Genealogy
||17 Jul 2010 |
||John TURNER, b. 23 Oct 1782, Caversham, Oxfordshire , d. 2 Jul 1856, Caversham, Oxfordshire |
||Mary WATSON, b. 2 Oct 1791, Swallowfield, Berkshire , d. 15 Dec 1866, Emmer Green, Caversham, Oxfordshire |
||21 Jan 1813
||Reading St Giles, Berkshire
||Willliam Crook GALE, b. 7 Apr 1832, Clyffe Pypard, Wiltshire , d. Yes, date unknown |
||Cricklade, Wiltshire [5, 6]
- It looks like William's Aunt Sarah (sister of Thomas) married Thomas Harding New, a farmer, and they lived for at least a brief time in Caversham as that is where they baptized their first child Francis Thomas in sep 1849. William was living with Thomas and Sarah in Headington Oxon on the 1851 census. Thomas at 47 was retired and William was working as a farm laborer. I would imagine the Turners might have met the Gale brothers through Sarah.
- [S240] *Family Search Int'l Genealogical Index, Turners of Caversham; 95223; C033361.
- [S272] PR Oxon: South Oxon Transcripts Vol 1, Caversham1.pdf; 119.
- [S196] 1851 UK Census, Henley, Caversham; Piece: 1725; Folio: 388; Page: 4; GSU roll: 193634; 11b; Turner; 13.
- [S362] PARSON'S LIST.
- [S218] Marriage Index, England & Wales 1837-1915, William Crook Gale & Matilda Turner; 1852; Jan-Feb-Mar; Cricklade; 5a; 27.
- [S223] Vital Record, Certified Copy, England, Marriage; 1852; William C Gale & Matilda Turner; Cliffe Pypard, Wilts; author.
This site powered by ©, v. 188.8.131.52, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2013.
Comments are closed.