||Abt 1777 
- The Meadows are a bit of mystery, and a very sad story. [person], George's father, was probably born the 1790s in Oxfordshire, but his baptismal record hasn't been found yet. There was another Henry Meadows in Adderbury about the same time who married Hannah Hitchman in 1805, but they were older and had their children between 1806 and 1810. The older Henry was from King's Sutton, Northants, which is just across the river from Adderbury There was also a Henry Meadows, son of Austin, baptized in Enstone in 1789. No Meadows children were baptized in Adderbury prior to 1800, nor were there any gap years in the register, so it's fairly safe to say that Henry was not born in Adderbury.
||plasterer  |
- We know from his son George's marriage certificate, that Henry was [Desc:A].
||12 Mar 1837
- There is a burial recorded in the [place:first] Adderbury parish register for [date:plain] which might be [person:hisher]. The age at death was 60 however, meaning [person:first] was significantly older than his wife and wasn't born in the 1790s, but much earlier, in the year 1777. This might be an indication that it was a second marriage for [person:first], and that he was in fact the man who married Hannah Hitchman in 1806. At this point however, there just isn't enough evidence to know. What we can say for sure is that Henry died before 1841, which is the year his children appeared orphaned in the census.
||Turner Collins Genealogy
||15 Apr 2010 |
||Hannah EDEN, b. 22 Jan 1796, Adderbury, Oxfordshire , d. 30 Sep 1835, Adderbury, Oxfordshire |
||22 May 1817
||Adderbury, Oxfordshire 
| ||1. Charles MEADOWS, b. 1 May 1822, Adderbury, Oxfordshire , d. Aft 1911, Richmond, Surrey |
| ||2. Henry MEADOWS, b. 18 Jun 1826, Adderbury, Oxfordshire , d. 12 Jan 1827, Adderbury, Oxfordshire |
| ||3. George MEADOWS, b. 3 Feb 1828, Adderbury, Oxfordshire , d. 26 Sep 1881, Winslow, Buckinghamshire |
| ||4. William MEADOWS, b. 5 Dec 1830, Adderbury, Oxfordshire , d. 1900, Brackley, Northamptonshire |
| ||5. Thomas MEADOWS, b. 28 Jul 1833, Adderbury, Oxfordshire , d. 3 Sep 1841, Brackley, Northamptonshire |
| ||6. Henry MEADOWS, b. 30 Sep 1835, Adderbury, Oxfordshire , d. 23 Oct 1835, Adderbury, Oxfordshire |
- [S240] *Family Search Int'l Genealogical Index, 962417; P017571.
- [S223] Vital Record, Certified Copy, England, Marriage; 1 January 1963; George Meadows & Esther Sellar; Winslow, Bucks; author.
- [S305] PR OFHS Transcripts CD-ROM, Adderbury1.pdf; 368.
This site powered by ©, v. 18.104.22.168, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2013.
Comments are closed.