||17 Jan 1802
||Peterborough, Northamptonshire 
||yeoman  |
||Peterborough, Northamptonshire [3, 4]
- I had originally thought he'd died before 1841, because his children were living with various relatives on the census that year. However, [person:HeShe] appeared on the 1871 census as a widowed laborer, boarding in a home on New Road in Peterborough. The Peterborough Archivist has suggested that as a working man, Richard would have been unable to care for three young children after his wife's death at such a young age and had little choice but to leave them in the care of his relatives while he went out in the world to earn a living. I finally found him, thanks to his middle name Cox, in the death registry for 1878.
||Turner Collins Genealogy
||7 Jun 2010 |
||James Cole, the younger, b. 5 Nov 1776, St John the Baptist, Peterborough, Northamptonshire , d. 8 Oct 1860, Peterborough, Northamptonshire |
||Jane Markham, b. Abt 1780, d. Bef 1832, St John the Baptist, Peterborough, Northamptonshire |
||17 Feb 1800
||Ann Kisby, b. 29 Mar 1807, Peterborough, Northamptonshire , d. 13 Sep 1837, Newark, Peterborough, Northamptonshire |
||26 Dec 1827
||St John the Baptist, Peterborough, Northamptonshire 
| ||1. James Cole, b. 7 Dec 1828, St John the Baptist, Peterborough, Northamptonshire , d. Bef 1833|
| ||2. Richard Cole, b. 13 Feb 1831, St John the Baptist, Peterborough, Northamptonshire |
| ||3. James Cole, b. 24 Mar 1833, Newark, Peterborough, Northamptonshire , d. 27 Aug 1883, Peterborough, Northamptonshire |
| ||4. Jane Cole, b. 12 Jul 1835, Newark, Peterborough, Northamptonshire , d. 10 Jan 1875, Rothwell, Kettering, Northamptonshire |
- [S319] Research Report: Jane Cole, page 4.
- [S223] Vital Record, Certified Copy, England, Marriage; 3 June 1961; Henry Peach & Jane Cole; Peterborough, Northamptonshire; author.
- [S319] Research Report: Jane Cole, page 10.
- [S219] Death Index, England & Wales 1837-1915, Richard Cox Cole; 1878; Oct-Nov-Dec; Peterborough; 3b; 153.
- [S231] Marriage Index, Northamptonshire 1700-1837, Richard Cole & Ann Kisby; Peterborough; 1827.
This site powered by ©, v. 220.127.116.11, written by Darrin Lythgoe 2001-2013.
Comments are closed.