Yikes! A reader alerted me to the fact that today is my (woefully neglected) blog’s 2nd anniversary! Lots of exciting things have been happening lately in my genealogical world, but unfortunately they’ve drawn me away from my beloved Mahoganybox…
A few of the things…..
- I’m nearly two thirds of the way through the NIGS Certificate in Genealogical research program for American Studies, and it’s been going really REALLY well
- The processing of 11 Hollinger archival boxes of an Erie family’s personal papers is wrapping up. I’m quite proud of my 35+ page GUIDE FILE, but it’s taken up pretty much all of my time allotted for genealogical writing for the past few months.
- I’m giving a talk at our genealogy society’s beginner workshop this month, and I want my Powerpoint to be perfect……
- The ProGen assignment for the last two months has involved Proof Arguments….probably the most time consuming ProGen homework I’ve had to date, but very helpful!!
- I’ve had a lot of client work
- I’ve also been preoccupied (read ridiculously obsessed) with learning how to play Michael Nyman’s enchanting piano piece called “The Heart Asks Pleasure First” because my daughter loves it and asked me to learn it :-
But no excuses justify neglecting my British ancestry, which is my favorite research of all. I have been mulling over various brickwalls, and new avenues to research, which I will share here. So……thanks so much for following my blog!! and stay tuned